Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Processing Ingredients

Doing something creative raises the level of enjoyment for me. Working with several software programs, photographs and digital scrapbooking materials open up a world of possibilities for artistic endeavors.

When cooking, a variety of ingredients go into coming up with an edible dish. Some people use a recipe and others just wing it.

When doing art, I tend to wing it, until I like it. But it takes several ingredients and various tries to get there.

Final Result:

Now for the various ingredients:
1. Created a background in ArtRage with the watercolor brush and the palette knife.


2. Did the remainder of the project in Photoshop Elements. Choose a texture from the many that I have. Especially like the ones from Lenabem-Anna J on Flickr.



3. Added a frame from OnOne software.


4. Decided which digital scrapbooking materials to use. I chose "Harvest Time" from Digital Scrapbooking Studio. Wanted a fall look.


5. Found a quote I liked. Then added the text. When all the ingredients are right, it comes together in an amazing way.


I like the variety of using various resources, but you don't have to go through all that to make a lovely, creative piece of art. See what you can do and have FUN!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I've never done any digital scrapbooking, I'm still old school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cathy. I really appreciate your comment. Using the computer is the way I create many things so digital scrapbooking was a natural for me. Never tried the original way. Keep enjoying what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete